Feldberg (1493m)
Skitage 23/24: 0
Ski: ja
Snowboard: ja
Danksagung erhalten: 159 Mal

Bansko (BG) 16-17.01.2010

Beitrag von turms »

so...
At 15-17 January decided to visit Bansko at Bulgaria...
Probably one of the two bests ski resorts in BG, with 65 km slopes...
The resort is very nice, but at holidays it is stuck from so many people...i thought that those days the situation will be ok but...

For information and skimap: http://www.banskoski.com or http://www.bulgariaski.com

It is almost 210 km from my city... 90 Eurp/person for skibus to go to Bansko and return + 2 nights at Winslow Higland (appartment) almos 150 m from the talstation of Gondola....the restaurants (at least most of them) are still very cheap...also beer, coffee etc....

Snow: from 80-100 cm (according to homepage)
but i think no more than 60-70 cm. Too much ice....many people on the slope...skiing was a little dangerous because of the ice, fog etc....
weather: fog, cloudy, no sunshine...temp: below 0 all the time...(dont remember exactly)

a few photo:

Bild

Bild
^^
going up with the gondola

Bild
^^
too much...

Bild
^^
the chairlift....the slope beside is the one for the FIS race

Bild
^^
same

Bild

Bild
^^
going to the top of the resort...2.600 m

Bild

Bild
^^
from the top

Bild
^^
same

Bild
^^
umbrella bar....

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
^^
from the 2nd plateu

Bild

Bild
^^
the 2 4-seat chairlifts

Bild
^^
the end of the blue slope....many people, ice and fog.....

Bild
^^
bob...

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
^^
lift and blue slope....nice slope for improve technique...

Bild
^^
the red slope....nice !!

Bild
^^
so....thats all for this time...

Greetings from a frozen Thessaloniki (outside temp: -1 ..... yeaaaahhh...winter is soooooooo nice ! ! ! )
Heimat ist wo das Herz ist

Nur ein Snowboarder kennt dieses Feeling. Und wenn du es einmal selbst gefühlt hast, ist es unmöglich, nicht mehr zu wollen. Es macht so süchtig, dass es eigentlich illegal sein sollte, aber das ist es nicht und deshalb machen sie so gute Snowboards, dass du nach dem Fahren darauf alles verkaufen und in die Berge ziehen willst, weil ein Mann ein Gleichgewicht in seinem Leben haben muss, und dieses Gleichgewicht sollte 80% Snowboarden und 20% Arbeit sein.
Es sei denn natürlich, es schneit sehr stark, in diesem Fall ist es 100% Einsatz - jeder sagt, wenn du erfolgreich sein willst, musst du dich einsetzen - für den Spaß am Fahren mit deinen Brüdern.
↓ Mehr anzeigen... ↓

bayer
Großer Müggelberg (115m)
Ski: nein
Snowboard: nein
Danksagung erhalten: 33 Mal

Re: Bansko (BG) 16-17.01.2010

Beitrag von bayer »

Hi, thanx for nice pictures. I`ve been there in 2007:
http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20053
turms
Feldberg (1493m)

Beitrag von turms »

i know...i have seen you pictures couple of times....you went at 2007....terrible winter...

Nur ein Snowboarder kennt dieses Feeling. Und wenn du es einmal selbst gefühlt hast, ist es unmöglich, nicht mehr zu wollen. Es macht so süchtig, dass es eigentlich illegal sein sollte, aber das ist es nicht und deshalb machen sie so gute Snowboards, dass du nach dem Fahren darauf alles verkaufen und in die Berge ziehen willst, weil ein Mann ein Gleichgewicht in seinem Leben haben muss, und dieses Gleichgewicht sollte 80% Snowboarden und 20% Arbeit sein.
Es sei denn natürlich, es schneit sehr stark, in diesem Fall ist es 100% Einsatz - jeder sagt, wenn du erfolgreich sein willst, musst du dich einsetzen - für den Spaß am Fahren mit deinen Brüdern.
↓ Mehr anzeigen... ↓
bayer
Großer Müggelberg (115m)
Ski: nein
Danksagung erhalten: 33 Mal

Beitrag von bayer »

Yes, was a pitty. Didn`t have enough snow. Would like to come back oce...
Mark Jan
Großer Müggelberg (115m)
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von Mark Jan »

Hai, thanks for the pictures, it looks like an interesting resort, however as crowed as the Austrian resorts. Are the people all locals or do also a lot of tourist come? Looking at the sign in one of your photos I would assume that many people from the UK come over.

By the way is this resort still expanding as it did the last couple of years?
Pilatus
Disteghil Sar (7885m)
Danksagung erhalten: 636 Mal

Beitrag von Pilatus »

Thank you very much for the pictures!

The Poma chair looks much older than the rest. When did this resort originally open?
turms
Feldberg (1493m)

Beitrag von turms »

Mark Jan hat geschrieben:Hai, thanks for the pictures, it looks like an interesting resort, however as crowed as the Austrian resorts. Are the people all locals or do also a lot of tourist come? Looking at the sign in one of your photos I would assume that many people from the UK come over.

By the way is this resort still expanding as it did the last couple of years?
i dont know...they want to make few more lifts and slopes, but the have problems with enviromental organisations etc
It is very crowded...many people from Bulgaria, Serbia, etc...and of course from UK, and until mid-february many many many from Greece...after mid-feb is much better...except that, this year the winter is too mild in Greece...most of ski resorts open mid december, and then close until end of Jan...the problem is that they built so many hotels in Bansko that they will never have full capacity...thats better of course because the prices are low...but. on the other hand sometimes is over-crowed

Pilatus hat geschrieben:Thank you very much for the pictures!

The Poma chair looks much older than the rest. When did this resort originally open?
i dont remember when its open....i think is one of the oldest in SE Europe...
the gondola built up in 2003
imagine that the upper lifts were older, but they change most of them except the ROMA...i think that ROMA are from 80s...

↓ Mehr anzeigen... ↓
Antworten

Zurück zu „restliches Europa“